Thank you to those who have supported me to develop this book! Things are going well.
Here is an update:
1. I am still discussing the nuts and bolts of a partnership with The Big Issue, which will include vendors handing out free copies of the book to their favourite customers, doing things themselves, and a column in the magazine.
2. Justin Nurse, a leading South African activist, who designed The Everyday Activist for me is agreeing to do the design work for the Mousebook.
3. We have had some re-thinking over title. With the advent of the iPad etc, many people no longer use a mouse. So how about: CLICK2CHANGE: a better world at your fingertips. What do you think? Any better ideas. Let me know.
4. I am exploring the idea of electronic publishing and print on demand via www.lulu.com as the best method of publication. But I will also investigate having printed copies alongside the electronic book.
5. I am preparing a Twitter version with 7 actions for each of the 52 topics. Can anyone help me with the technicalities of doing an automated daily tweet?
6. Along with that I am hoping to develop an App for changing the world, and am in discussion with Google whose staff might do the app development for it.
No firm deadline for publication yet. But I am hopeful that I can do something by the autumn.
I need to raise £5,000 to pay for the design and other development work. I’ve raised nearly £2,000, and I have an outstanding £1,000 of pledges. After my trip to South Africa I am now actively trying to find more supporters. If any of you can help… please ask your friends to give their support. A good book for £10 plus a share of the revenue it generates ought to be a no-brainer. Also you can now give Gift Certificates on Buzzbnk. Find out at ww.buzzbnk.org and for the book the URL is www.buzzbnk.org/mousebook
Thanks again for your help with this. I really appreciate it!
Michael Norton, writer, social entrepreneur and everyday activist
(and also co-founder of Buzzbnk!)